When Queer Eye‘s Jonathan Van Ness stepped out at the Creative Arts Emmys, he not only did so in a bangin’ sheer dress, but also with a new babe on his arm. Jonathan’s hot date, Wilco Froneman, a 32-year-old South African citizen, shared a similar photo with the simple caption, “Supporting bae,” so we think it’s safe to say this pair has a little somethin’-somethin’ going on. The ridiculously attractive couple with the best heads of hair we’ve ever seen together have only shared a little on Instagram thus far, so we don’t know a ton about Wilco just yet, but here’s what we do know.
- He plays rugby for the New York Gotham Knights. Wilco plays on a New York gay rugby team called the Gotham Knights. He’s played on other teams around the world as well, but after a back injury in January 2018, he thought he’d never play again. He didn’t let it slow him down, though, and he’s back on the field playing.
- He makes a beautiful drag queen. As a fundraiser for his rugby team, Wilco dressed in drag and called himself Wilma Fay. His getup included a huge pink wig, charming pink makeup, and a dazzling pink and white outfit.
- His dog has her own Instagram. Leja, Wilco’s Boston Terrier, has her own Instagram account chock-full of adorable photos. Wilco also posts plenty of his own pictures of her on his own Instagram account.
- He’s very well traveled. He’s a South Africa native and played rugby in Ireland before moving to the US. He’s shared pictures from a huge variety of other places on his Instagram as well, including Greece, New Orleans, and Thailand.
- His first kiss was very memorable. In a post to Gotham Rugby’s Instagram, Wilco is quoted as saying his first kiss was with a dolphin. “We’ve lost contact since then, but I think of him once every 30 years or so . . . hope he’s well . . . also I should’ve known I was gay, ’cause you know dolphins and it was a male.” So clearly this cutie also has a sense of humor!